M88P5010/M88P5000 is a JEDEC-compliant Power Management IC (PMIC) for DDR5 Server DIMM applications. The chip contains four DC-DC buck converters and two low-dropout regulators (LDO, 1.8 V and 1.0 V), and supports I²C/I3C serial bus to meet different application requirements.
The PMIC is designed to provide power support for other on-DIMM chips such as DRAM, RCD, DB, SPD Hub, and TS. The CPU implements power management by communicating with the PMIC via the SPD Hub. M88P5010 is designed for low-current RDIMMs, while M88P5000 is designed for high-current RDIMMs and LRDIMMs.
Notes: Here shows the application of PMIC on the DDR5 LRDIMM as an example.
- Compatible with JEDEC specification
- Wide VIN_BULK voltage range to support 12 V power supply in normal case and 5 V power supply mainly in Switch-Over case
- COT structure to provide fast transient load response
- Selectable FCCM or DCM operation
- Configurable Power On and Power Off sequence with programmable Soft Start/Soft Stop time
- Voltage, output current, output power and temperature reporting
- Input supply Switch Over function to provide uninterrupted operation
- I²C and I3C serial bus interface
- Non-Write Protect mode for debug and validation
- Protection functions, such as OVP, UVP, OCL and OTP with error log counter and data storage
- 35-pin FCQFN package
- DDR5 Server DIMMs
- M88P5010: Low-current RDIMM
- M88P5000: High-current RDIMM and LRDIMM