M88SPD5118 is an 8 Kbit SPD (Serial Presence Detect) EEPROM integrated with I²C/I3C Hub and Temperature Sensor (TS). The Hub enables communication between the host and local devices over the I²C/I3C serial bus. Non-volatile EEPROM is used to store the configuration information for the DIMM, DRAMs, and other on-DIMM devices. The integrated TS is designed to continuously monitor the temperature at the SPD for better temperature management and increased system stability.
As a critical part of Montage's complete set of DDR5 products, M88SPD5118 is compliant with the JEDEC SPD5118 specification and is designed for all different types of DDR5 DIMMs used in servers, desktops, and laptops.
Note: Here shows the application of SPD Hub on the DDR5 LRDIMM as an example.
- Compliant with JEDEC SPD5118 specification
- Two-wire I²C and I3C serial bus interface
- Up to 12.5 MHz transfer rate
- 1.8 V VDDSPD and 1.0 V VDDIO power supply
- 8 Kbit SPD EEPROM:
- 16 blocks of non-volatile memory (NVM)
- Optional write protection for each block of NVM
- Hub function, supporting up to 8 unique addressing
- Integrated Temperature Sensor with default resolution of 0.25°C
- Packet Error Check (PEC) & Parity Error Check functions
- In Band Interrupt (IBI)
- Temperature Range from -40°C to +125°C
- Package: 9-contact thermally enhanced DFN
- DDR5 DIMMs, such as RDIMM, LRDIMM, UDIMM and SODIMM
- DIMMs for servers, desktops and labtops
- Industrial temperature monitors