M88SPD5118 is a 8 Kbit SPD (Serial Presence Detect) EEPROM with Hub function (SPD Hub) and integrated Temperature Sensor (TS). The Hub feature provides communication between the host and the local devices behind Hub over the I2C/I3C serial bus. The 8 Kbit EEPROM is for storing information and parameters pertaining to the DIMM, DRAMs and other on-DIMM devices. The integrated TS is designed to monitor the temperature under the SPD Hub device.
The SPD Hub is compliant with JEDEC SPD5118 specification. As a critical part of Montage's complete DDR5 solution, the SPD Hub is designed for all different types of DDR5 DIMMs used in servers, desktops and laptops.
Note: Here shows the application of SPD Hub on the DDR5 LRDIMM as an example.
- Compliant with JEDEC SPD5118 specification
- Two-wire I2C and I3C serial bus interface
- Up to 12.5 MHz transfer rate
- 1.8 V VDDSPD and 1.0 V VDDIO power supply
- 8 Kbit SPD EEPROM:
- 16 blocks of non-volatile memory (NVM)
- Optional write protection for each block of NVM
- Hub function, supporting up to 8 unique addressing
- Integrated Temperature Sensor with default resolution of 0.25°C
- Packet Error Check (PEC) & Parity Error Check functions
- In Band Interrupt (IBI)
- Temperature Range from -40°C to +125°C
- Package: 9-contact thermally enhanced DFN
- DDR5 DIMMs, such as RDIMM, LRDIMM, UDIMM and SODIMM
- DIMMs for servers, desktops and labtops
- Industrial temperature monitors